Welcome to Temple B'nai Israel!
Temple B’nai Israel has been the hub of Jewish activity in central New Hampshire for the past eighty years. Our congregation is affiliated with Reform Judaism, however our members’ beliefs and traditions range from traditional conservatism to modern versions of Reform practice.
We are active participants on the Lakes Region Interfaith Council of Religious Groups and play a positive role in the community at large.
The mission of Temple B’nai Israel is to be the center of Jewish life in the Lakes Region and throughout central New Hampshire by:
- Preserving and practicing traditional rituals and religious customs in keeping with the Reform Movement.
- Establishing a warm and accepting environment for all Jewish families inclusive of interfaith and same sex couples.
- Being the social center of Jewish and non-sectarian activities for the entire congregation.
- Serving the surrounding community and supporting its needs and programs.
- Providing challenging and interesting Jewish educational programs for the youth and adults of the congregation.
Rabbi Boaz Heilman joined us in 2015.
Rabbi Heilman was accepted into the rabbinic program at Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion in New York City in 1995 from where he received his Master of Arts in Hebrew Literature in 1997 and was ordained as a Rabbi in 1998.
He served as Rabbinic Leader of Congregation B'nai Torah, in Sudbury, Mass., from 1995 through 1998, then as Rabbi at B’nai Torah from 1998 through June 2015.
Read more about Rabbi Boaz Heilman.
Our Cantorial Soloist
Melody Funk’s magnificent voice adds warmth and spirituality to High Holiday and Shabbat services. She is also B’nai Mitzvah coordinator and familiarizes candidates with the rites and rituals of the service, each according to his or her strengths. Recordings of her music from Temple services are available.