Adult Education July 30
July 30 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
The Elephant(s) in the Room: Causes that Matter – How do we prioritize and engage Jewishly
Presented by Rabbi Jan Katz
In-person and on Zoom – Contact us for the Zoom link
- Anti-Racism Education
- Environmental Justice / Climate Advocacy
- Indigenous Peoples Programming
- Interfaith Partnerships
- Immigration / Afghan Resettlement Support
- LGBTQIA+ Dignity and Inclusion
- Reclaiming Democracy
- Voting Rights Advocacy
This session will be interactive and will aim to:
- Identify/clarify a Jewish key value for TBIers regarding each cause. This is an opportunity to remind ourselves of the traditional Jewish stance and contemporary reform stance on each of the issues.
- ACKNOWLEDGE DIVERSITY OF ATITTUDES AND OPINIONS!
- Prioritize and pinpoint a number of agreed upon causes for the next 3 years.
- Identify measurable objectives, along with tools for success (which might include follow-up surveys to solicit interest and volunteer leaders, etc.)