Temple B’nai Israel represents the diverse mix of Jewish backgrounds found around the world today. Our spiritual practices incorporate customs from traditional conservativism to modern reform practice We are affiliated with the reform Jewish movement providing worship, education, and Jewish themed programs that reflect our strong commitment to continuing Jewish values. We may be the family that you just haven’t met yet.
Our members span the spectrum from lifelong New Hampshire residents as well as those who have adopted New Hampshire as their home. From retirees to young families seeking to raise and educate their children in the relatively slower paced lifestyle of the Lakes Region. Some congregants travel 40 to 50 miles to reach our Laconia location, as we are the only Jewish house of worship in the region. Other members are seasonal visitors to the Lakes Region who travel here to enjoy skiing, boating, hiking, and relaxation while maintaining contact with the local Jewish community. Membership dues provide TBI with most of its operating income, payable in one lump sum or quarterly. We will never turn away anyone who wants to participate in any temple function. Arrangements can be made for special financial consideration based on need. For those who can pay it is essential that they do pay, as the future and well-being of this center of the Lakes Region Jewish community relies on this support.
We offer three levels of membership:
- Standard Membership ($1,500 per year) benefits include:
- Participation in all High Holiday services and programs, in person or on Zoom,
- Shabbat Services on alternate Friday evenings throughout the year, in person or on Zoom,
- An engaging Adult Education program led by Rabbi Danson,
- Religious school education for children and grandchildren of members when it is not appropriate or possible for parental membership,
- Holiday observance and programming for Jewish holidays,
- Celebration of life cycle events,
- Stimulating social events,
- Opportunities to volunteer on temple committees that support the temple as well as in the larger Lakes Region community.
- Members may purchase burial plots in the consecrated Temple cemetery located in Laconia at special rates. (For further information, visit the Cemetery section of our website.)
- Builders and Benefactors Standard Membership benefits plus:
- Builders ($1,815 per year) receive complimentary listing in the Memorial Book for Yizkor on Yom Kippur and complimentary reminders of Yahrzeits during the year.
- Benefactors, ($2,130 per year) in addition to the Builder benefits, will receive recognition on our Tree of Life.
- Associate Member ($750) Full Standard member benefits for seasonal visitors to New Hampshire who are members of another temple.
Our dues paying members are the future and well-being of the Lakes Region Jewish community. We invite you to join us at any service or program, following the Guidelines for In-Person Attendance, to sample the pleasures and satisfactions offered by membership in the TBI community. Click here to access the calendar of services and events.
We look forward to your interest in joining our congregation. Please use our contact form and our membership committee chairperson will contact you.