Join a committee – make a difference for TBI
We are blessed to have dedicated volunteers who organize and coordinate almost every aspect of Temple B’nai Israel. If you’re interested in getting involved, please contact our Temple President at [email protected].
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS – Led by President Ira Keltz, our 18-member board manages the daily operations of our congregation.
- BUILDING COMMITTEE – Ensures that our building is maintained and kept secure.
- CEMETERY – Leads efforts to maintain the TBI cemetery located within the Union Cemetery in Laconia.
- HEALTH & SAFETY – Oversees safe on-site services and activities.
- FINANCE – Provides oversight to our bookkeeper and treasurer, budget planning, and auditing of monthly reports.
- FUNDRAISING COMMITTEE –Provides a significant contribution to the financial well-being of TBI as well as the Lakes Region community. The Fundraising committee has three major initiatives, two of which raise monies for the temple and the third raises money for local Lakes Region nonprofits.
Our new digital version of the TBI sponsor book. This fundraiser allows TBI to continue its commitment to community outreach. Volunteer to work with the sales team and connect with local businesses.
The We Care Benefit Concerts have been providing a helping hand to Lakes Region nonprofits since 2013. Volunteers help coordinate every aspect of producing a concert.
This annual fundraiser has a 25-year+ history of serving traditional homemade Jewish cuisine to the community. Volunteer to join one of the cooking teams – learn the recipes and processes that have made this a Lakes Region epic event.
- HOLIDAY COMMITTEE – This energetic committee creates holiday-centered programs and social events.
- KINDNESS & CARING COMMITTEE – Reaches out to TBI members who may be ill or recovering from illness with food, cards, flowers, and phone calls.
- MARKETING & PUBLIC RELATIONS – Maintains the TBI website, produces the monthly Tablet, and promotes TBI events and our presence in the community.
- MEMBERSHIP – Provides outreach to new and existing temple members so that they are involved in temple events, etc., as they would like. Sends information about TBI and membership applications to potential members.
- RELIGIOUS SCHOOL COMMITTEE – The rabbi leads a team that works closely to create the curriculum and programs for our religious school students.
- RITUAL COMMITTEE – Creates sacred and inspiring worship experiences that enrich our spiritual lives both personally and communally. Assigns honors of Aliyah and readings for Shabbat services and High Holidays.
- SOCIAL ACTION COMMITTEE – Apprises the temple community of ways to reach the disenfranchised and creates opportunities for members to participate as caring volunteers in these efforts. Committee members volunteer to feed the hungry through the Salvation Army Lunch Program and Isaiah House.
- TECH TEAM – Supports the audio-video efforts for sanctuary service and events which are broadcast via Zoom.
To volunteer or for more information, email [email protected]